Was reading in another thread, torquing a cylinder piston to 500ft-lb. I work in nm so roughly 700nm. I dont have a large toruqewrench so basically anything above 500 i guess. If i really need one i can borrow from a mate. I use the example of above, 700nm is 70kgs at 1 meter. This is correct isnt it? So does that mean 35kgs at 2 meters? 23kgs at 3 metres? Is the conversion linial? Does anyone know of a conversion table i could print?
I had to look it up, and as far as I can understand, your figures would be my guess too. As I now know that gravity is 9.8 something's per m sq sq, looks like you rounded up nicely so I had 71.5kg at a metre, 36kg would give same torque with a 2m cheetah, 24kg at end of a 10ft pole. Are you planning on hanging a weight on your cheetah pipe?
Haha. No, just avoiding buying a big torque wrench that i can’t justify.
I guess you could just put a scale, like one of those cheap forkilft ones a distance from the bolt, then pull the scale until it reads the amount you want it to. 71.5kg at 1 metre.
RC I tried that once and it felt like something was going to fly and knock out my teeth ^^^^
A good approximation. The conversion factor is actually 1.02 but 1 is good enough for this class of agriculture. Yes it is. If you used a 10m cheater pipe you would only need to apply 7kg to the end of it, assuming the pipe itself was weightless........ There are calculators online. This one will go straight from ft lbs to kg m - https://www.unitconverters.net/energy/foot-pound-to-kilogram-force-meter.htm Or this one from ft lbs to Nm - https://www.unitconverters.net/energy/ft-lb-to-nm.htm
I used a hose clamp on the ratchet handle to keep the scale from sliding off the end.
I am wondering how many cylinder pistons you will find torqued to only 500 lb/ft. Most are in the thousands of lb/ft.
Just found this website https://www.truck.net.au/system/files/industry-resources/TAPs - Wheel End Security.pdf This table sort of confirms the above.