I had some issues earlier with a lowboy and removing lug nuts with some overly tightened pilot hub wheels. I finally got them with my shop air and a 1" drive air impact, but none of them went easy. I just got this in from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/XtremepowerU...&sr=8-3&keywords=torque+multiplier+lug+wrench I also got a adapter to put on a 1/2" drive ratchet, or torque wrench, with a chart for the torque wrench. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...9_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z2448EDN9WRR643VR41K I thought it might be a little gimmicky, but it actually works. Its a great tool on the side of the road removing a tire. I could also see using it on a third member nut, or rear transmission yoke nut on a eaton/roadranger. At only $90, one time on the side of the road, or broke down with no power available on a jobsite, I can see it being real handy. We just pulled a flat on my 70 ton crane- 14.00r20 tires, and we loosened it with this, then went to a ratchet. When you were free spinning almost with it, you had to still struggle a little with a long 1/2" drive ratchet to pull them the rest of the way.
Sweet!
Nice... a lot of tool for the price. I think I'm going to order one myself.
That IS a good price, I got a gemplers catalog in the mail, the other day, and they had one innit for well over $100...:thumbsup
Hey crane operator, do you think a guy could use this on hydraulic cylinder nuts ? Does the "arm" have to rest against what your trying to loosen? Like the tire rim?
The arm does have to rest against something, otherwise its just going to spin.
Not a bad setup! I carry a 3/4" swench on my truck and fortunately haven't come across something it won't break yet, but that day will come soon enough. lol. Where are you located in MO?
1965IHdiesel : (sorry for the late reply- but redneckracin nailed it) I think if you had a hydraulic cylinder tied down good to a steel table so it couldn't spin, then put the arm up against the table too, you should be able to pop it loose. It doesn't give any impact, just keeps wrapping up the torque. catfixer : I'm a hour straight south of Springfield in a nice little tourist area. If you're in a real bind you could come get it How do you like your swench? I've looked at them (online for sale), but never found one cheap enough to take a chance on.
Nice find on the torque multiplier crane op ! Will have to look in to it for sure . Been using a 1" drive breaker bar with a pipe truss system for stubborn bud wheels & cylinder rods . Company provided me with it so I can't complain to much , keep it on the truck for those situations HeavyEquipmentForums
I love my swench. I caught it used on the tool truck for i think 75 bucks. deal of the decade lol. My buddy has the inch one and it is a hoss.
---