Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tow Motor Fork Lift

Sled Puller ยท 2009-03-22 21:45

Any guesses on the year? 6cyl Flat head Continental Replaced it with a skidloader, it needs a new home, lol

Replies14
  1. #1willie592009-03-22 22:26

    I'm going to take a guess; it's as old as that I-H truck sitting behind it!

  2. #2Sled Puller2009-03-22 22:35

    The IH is a 64 model, its brand new compared to the lift, lol. The IH, $245.00 at an auction, what a bargain!:drinkup

  3. #3willie592009-03-22 22:57

    Darn it! Well, it was a guess. :drinkup

  4. #4I AM IRONMAN2009-03-22 23:40

    That's got to be from the early 50's, I've seen some old clarks and hysters that are similar.

  5. #5Sled Puller2009-03-23 10:05

    Early 50s? Thats not too bad!!! Korean war instead of WW II.:usa

  6. #6HAND Cluctch2009-03-23 10:22

    Early 40s

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2009-03-23 11:30

    I say mid 40's My mechanic/welder has one just like it, but with a homemade ROPS on it. I think his is a 46

  8. #8I AM IRONMAN2009-03-24 02:35

    That would make it 63 years old, not bad for an old Tow Motor! They were good units in their day.

  9. #9Rick Rowlands2009-04-12 18:08

    Have you found a new home for the towmotor yet? It might be useful to have around here at the museum.

  10. #10Sled Puller2009-04-12 21:16

    What museum is that?

  11. #11Rick Rowlands2009-04-12 21:47

    Tod Engine Heritage Park in Youngstown, OH. We are an industrial museum and have in our collection a 260 ton, 4,000 HP stationary steam engine, 1942 diesel locomotive, 1892 25 ton Morgan overhead crane and other pieces of historic equipment. I like to think of it as an old iron sanctuary! www.todengine.org

  12. #12Sled Puller2009-05-07 07:18

    I'm going to try and go that museum this Saturday Rick, will you be around? I'm working for Miller/Yont Paving these days. good company, but most of their equipment would qualify for an Old Iron Sanctuary.:usa:notworthy

  13. #13Rick Rowlands2009-05-07 07:26

    Yes I'll be there, although you'll get here a couple days too soon to see our "new" Insley K12 crawler crane which won't arrive until Monday! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCy3TACvhN0

  14. #14Sled Puller2009-05-07 07:37

    Well, that will be an excuse to go back later. I'm working on another thread right now, about an old American crane- I think its a late model compared to the Insley.