Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Towing a Volvo L120E

marka683 ยท 2019-04-26 21:46

I have this wheel loader stuck in a corner and I need to tow it out of there, is there anything special to towing this unit? Thank You

Replies4
  1. #1Ben Witter2019-04-27 08:31

    You can release the park brake with 3 M10x90 bolts by removing the 3 rubber plugs in the cover over the park brake on the transmission. The bolts should have come with the tool kit the machine came with. Make sure you have good control of the machine as it will run away from you and there is no way to stop it without the engine running.

  2. #2funwithfuel2019-04-27 10:51

    Except that they're brass plugs.

  3. #3funwithfuel2019-04-29 10:32

    And, forgot to mention, you'll be losing trans oil quick. You probably already discovered that.

  4. #4marka6832019-04-29 15:34

    I did figure that out very quickly, caged the brake and it towed like a dream. Thanks for the help