Looking for a Parts Manual for a (Cat) Towmotor DP25S forklift, Serial Number CT5050072. Also a Service Manual if there is one kicking around somewhere.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpilla...396572?hash=item542627d15c:g:ZjQAAOSw9mFWL4n8 https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-CATERP...908164?hash=item4d595f6e44:g:DLQAAOSwq1JZEJPR https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-Caterp...:WeAAAOxyVh5SKmNQ:sc:USPSPriority!65616!US!-1 Those all list the DP25 forklift, not the S series, and your serial # doesn't correspond to the serial #'s on the cover, but it was all I could find. Sorry if it doesn't help.
Having dug into it a bit more I've discovered that although it says Towmotor on the decals the forklift was actually made in China by Dalian Machinery under license from Mitsubishi....... A quick search of the web has revealed no technical information whatsoever. Now I'm thinking that taking 5 gallons of diesel and burning it to the ground then replacing it with something we can actually get parts & service information for would probably be the best long-term solution.
We used to call a quicky paint job on a machine at an auction as a "five gallon overhaul" so maybe this one would be a "five gallon upgrade"?
Ken, I suspect that someone in Purchasing during the construction phase got the wool pulled over their eyes by the Towmotor stickers, or maybe it fell within their budgeted price range for a used forklift (it was bought used), who knows..? All I know now is that allegedly we have to maintain it, how long for is the question.
5 gallon of diesel is too obvious, a wiring fire is easily explained away though.
I wasn't saying that we blamed the fire on the diesel, it could just as easily have been a fire caused by a wiring fault or a burst hydraulic hose that melted the diesel tank and then dropped 5 gallons of diesel on the ground which simply added fuel to the fire ......
Try this as a starter. Fish around for your DP25S. lot of it is in Chinese?? Maybe a start. Luck.
http://dalianforklift.com/en/contact.asp Sorry, forgot to add the site. Hope it works.
Thanks. I had actually found that site in my internet searches but had failed to be able to open any of the links to see what they contained. All I get is a Google Chrome "working" symbol and nothing else happens, the page never loads. Same applies to all 7 of the links on that page.
Did you see the phone number: 0411-39576888 Or the Spare Parts Department:0411-39576881 Fax:0411-39576882
I saw that. I was kind of hoping there would be an email address because my spoken Mandarin isn't really up to a phone conversation ......
You might be surprised they may speak better English than some of the people you could run into here in the states! Or there is the fax number if you want to go "old school"!
Yeah, that's why I made sure to include the fax. Years ago, I had a customer that was a dutch company that was building greenhouses in South Carolina, for a California company to grow roses in. When they came over, they brought a tractor that they had bought while doing a job in Italy. When I needed parts for this thing, I would write down what I needed, they would translate it into Dutch, fax it to their HQ in Holland, and they would have someone translate it into Italian, and then fax it to the dealer in Italy. The dealer would fax back the parts page with exploded views, they would translate it to Dutch and fax it to the job site office, where they would translate it to English and give it to me. I would mark what I wanted, including circling it on the picture, and it would go back again. This whole thing sounds ludicrous, but I always got my parts reasonably quickly. I bet there is an English speaker at the Chinese company, but if not, maybe they could get a fax translated. Of course, a wire rubbed raw and a fuel leak would be less trouble to arrange.