Toyota, Daimler merge truck units | LinkedIn Toyota Motor Corp. and Daimler Truck said Tuesday that they'll finalize the deal to bring together the subsidiaries, Hino Motors Ltd. and Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus, within the year. www.linkedin.com
I read an article on that as well this morning. The big driving goal i took from it was, "we want to decarbonize the trucking industry." Each side claiming that the other was bringing some amazing tech to share. I don't know whether to be happy or miffed. I thought we were done with all this tree-hugging business.
Maybe Toyota is trying to get around some tariff or chicken tax issues?. Maybe I’ll get the tray back, diesel Hilux I’ve been jonesing for? Oh’ what a feeling. I’ve got the hots for Toyota Jan.
Dailmoyota or Toylmer
The new name "The TacoSnitzel".....
Zero surprise--just two corporations that will split in the not to distant future, any that hook to daimlers wagon normally get the whole stick not just the short end.
Sure happened tp Chrysler...
Hinos are good trucks. Mitsubishi Fuso, not so sure.
We had a fleet of Hilux down in Argentina…nice reliable trucks at 15,000’. They seemed simple and solid in design.
Because---those weren't built for american market, it won't sell here if it isn't overdesigned.
What REALLY Happened to Daimler-Chrysler? Winston Churchill once cautioned, “Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." So today we’ll take a quick look at one of the most famous M&A disasters in history as a means to keep us focused on skills and insights for future integration success. And I’d be willing to bet... www.macouncil.org
Another company that was ran into the ground several times, mostly by it's own doings because of poor internal decisions with too many subsidiary companies that built everything from roller skates, sewing machines to trucks. Bought then stripped/scrapped by a company that also involved GMC and where that led, only to own Mack and strip it down too. These mergers usually have consequences. Not that Toyota/Daimler will, but giants don't get along very well. * White Motors Heavy Duty Trucks -Baselines Read this history of the White Motors Heavy Duty Truck Company, only in Dieselpowermag.com, the official website of Diesel Power Magazine. www.motortrend.com