Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TR270 or 317G

Swisscheese ยท 2020-08-24 11:47

So I'm buying a new skid steer and I've to chose between a case TR270 and a Deere 317G. I tried either of them so I want to know what you guys would chose. Most of all it's for earth moving but I will use it for other things too...

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2020-08-24 22:30

    Is the 270 the B series or A series. I just took delivery of my SV450B. That cab is a really awesome. If your looking at the A series, you would be much happier in the B.

  2. #2Swisscheese2020-08-25 02:20

    No it's still the alpha series... Will I have a lot of problems with it and would the deere be a purchase with less?

  3. #3KSSS2020-08-25 09:09

    The first couple years of Alpha had some issues (2011-2013) If its a newer model, you will be happy with it. This 450B is my fifth new series CASE machine. The B is a better cab, the updates have been made through out Alpha to fix the initial issues at introduction.

  4. #4Muffler Bearing2020-08-28 13:21

    The alpha will still be a great machine. It will need an engine harness if that hasn't been done already. And hopefully the Upgraded drive hoses are in it and gussets have been added to the loader pin points where it starts to crack. Oh, and also I'd strip the remote oil drain and filter if that's still there. Sure it seems like a list of problems, but someone come on and honestly say that the JD's list is smaller. Will it have problems like rusted out steel lines in the future? that depends, will you ever wash out the belly pan?