Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TR320 Down and parts are 2 months away.

Matt_H ยท 2012-06-07 22:36

Ok so have had issues with the TR320 2011 model lately with it throwing codes and putting the machine into limp mode, so finally had the dealer come out take it apart to find out its the module that recieves all the info that you put though the joysticks. Got the call ffrom the dealer and they claim the parts I need are back ordered for at least 2months as there is such demand because machines all over are having this problem. So I am curious is anyone else having to encounter this problem? Also being under full Case warranty what do you think they should do for people like me to make up for the machines being useless for 2 months.

Replies23
  1. #1Scrub Puller2012-06-08 01:51

    Yair . . . Matt_H. To me, an old bloke reading this site I just cannot believe folks like you could be put into such a situation. It is not as though you have bought an obscure make. The very least they could do would be some form of income support to cover finance payments. When I was involved with manufacturing we paid a hefty insurance policy to cover our arse for equipment failure . . . I would imagine most manufacturers including Case would do the same. I know a lot of younger folks probably think I live too much in the past but honestly, machines are getting far too complex. I'm not familiar with your machine but know it to be a little rubber tracked digger that goes backwards and forwards with a bucket that goes up and down and maybe tilts . . . I mean how complicated is that? I posted on another thread about a contractor who is so pi##ed off with modern Cats. that he is rebuilding/remanufacturing twenty five year old excavators so the only thing they need a battery for is to run the starter and the lights. All the best mate and I hope the issue is resolved quickly. Cheers.

  2. #2lgammon2012-06-08 02:26

    well i would tell the to bring me a loner or make the payments!!

  3. #3KSSS2012-06-08 11:36

    I am only at 150 hours but so far its been flawless. I love running that machine. Mines a 2012. CASE is not going to let you twist in the wind for two months waiting for parts. They will pull parts off a new machine if needed to get you running.

  4. #4crewchief8882012-06-08 21:56

    all depends on the dealer, some dealers will disable a new machine, some wont. some dealers will give out a free loaner, some will rent at 1/2 rate, or full rates all depends on how good a relationship the dealer has with it's manufacturer, and if the manufacturer is willing to reimburse the dealer for their added expenses.. too many times the dealer gets the blame for things that are out of their control, ie: parts not being available. in todays manufacturing world, the OEM doesnt have millions of (every) part just laying in a warehouse. i can almost guarantee you that case doesnt make the part you need, they depend on their suppliers for many things. i know, it sucks..... the dealer has 100's or 1000's of machine with potentially the same problem. :drinkup

  5. #5Matt_H2012-06-09 18:56

    Well it looks like after this machine I will be jumping off the Case band wagon. No loaner, no payments will be made nothing. Dealer has 10 new machines sitting in yard 6 of those are sitting as parts have been robbed off them and dealer claims they can't take any more parts as case is not helping the dealer. So needless to say if nothing changes soon I will be selling all my Case machines.

  6. #6jwfarm2012-06-09 20:39

    One thing you might try is contacting Case directly. Not that your dealer isn't trying, but sometimes you as a customer contacting Case will have more pull. I would not give up on them completely until you have talked with someone who is up the chain a ways with Case. Either ask your dealer for a contact or contact them on their website. Just a thought.

  7. #7250c2012-06-10 09:36

    Scrub puller I share your opinon, I've been around equipment for 50 years and the kiss principle( keep it simple stuipid) has always worked for me.

  8. #8KSSS2012-06-10 12:47

    Right on. If you are not getting anywhere locally, there is a regional Case rep for every dealer. Get his name and number. There is also the CASE website and I can testify to that if you contact them they will respond to you. I still stand by the fact that CASE will do the right thing.

  9. #9Scrub Puller2012-06-10 15:37

    Yair . . . 250c. Thanks mate. It's nice to know there are a few like minded folks around! As far as I can see (apart from engine control) most of the so called "improvements" in machine design been mainly to make it "easier" or "simpler" for the operator . . . just another case of the dumbing down of the human race. I was watching a little digger jigger farting around spreading top soil and could not believe the B/S. Yeah, yeah, I know you don't have to decel. or come to a stop before changing direction in these new machines, what a load of crap. I have been told by several owners that any potential production gains on the latest machines can be cancelled out by down time. As have mentioned in several posts there are a few blokes here that are fed up with the crap and are going back to 1980's technology. I took my comment about the O/P's machine from a contractor here who reckons an excavator is just a machine with a couple of drive motors and four or five rams that go in and out. Cheers.

  10. #10stumpjumper832012-06-10 16:00

    Tell the case service rep whats going on, and see what he does, I'm almost positive that he will find you a rental and defer your payments while your down or get your back up. If all else fails call the owner of the equipment company and tell him that he has 72 hrs to make it right or he can fix the machine while its on the bobcat, deere, etc. dealer's lot. The other thing is that the warrenty thru case isnt tied to that specific dealer, not alot of shops will accept warrenty work from another dealers sales, but if your a contractor with several pieces you might be able to bargain

  11. #11willie592012-06-10 21:03

    Agreed, contact corporate Case. And I understand we're talking about your credit rating, but it would be all I could do to prevent myself from hauling the machine back to the dealer, drop it at their front door, then leave. Then call the finance company and tell them the machine is at the dealer and you won't make another payment until it's a machine you can actually use.

  12. #12Goose2012-06-10 22:24

    Call CASE customer service @ 866-542-2736. You will talk to a live body and they will have a rep call you and he will get you an answer or at least jack the dealer up and have them take care of your problems.

  13. #13Matt_H2012-06-11 00:54

    There will be a call made to Case tommorow in the am. On another note I drove by the dealer which also sells volvo as theres an excavator I'm interested in and noticed that all tracked Case skidsteers have been moved into the back fenced portion of the lot while all other skids including Volvo tracked and Taks stayed out front. Makes me wonder if something may have happened, as apparently lots of people are having problems with the TR's

  14. #14KSSS2012-06-11 02:50

    Dont you think your jumping to conclusions? You pull the panic lever without fully exhuasting your options (you did not need any of us to recommend that you try contacting CASE directly), you ass-u-me that because machines have been moved that it must mean that every TR machine in NA is failing and they are being hidden from view. Take a breath, the sky is not falling and the TR machines are not in crisis. Just a suggestion, when you contact CASE, try being the type of customer that an OEM would like to help out. Good luck.

  15. #15Matt_H2012-06-11 03:35

    i'm not asumming that all the TR's will be affected but have been told that at least in this area there has been alot of problems with the machines by the local service department and there are others out there like me with a machine down and nothing happening to date. So I was just hinting at the fact that maybe somebody upset took it upon themselves to get the parts off machines or at least hinted at it that they moved all the remaining TR's to a more secure area. Also I have great faith in my dealer as I buy all my equipment from them packers, skids, excavators, loaders they have great support and have at times taken parts off new machines to keep ours up and running. The thing that really get me is they say no we can't take parts off machines as we're not being compansated for it, and we don't know when parts are coming it could be 2 weeks or 2 months its the not knowing of am I able to put that machine to work next week or not? I'm not sure about the rest of you but all my skids work at least 50hrs a week and at $105/hr thats alot of out of pocket. An answer would be nice thats all and the only answer so far is "I don't know" which at least is better then a lie. But in the mean time i have a disabled machine sitting on a job site that I am now done at and am going to have to winch onto a truck. sorry for my rambling and run on sentences just a little frustrated lately and seems like this is a good place to rant.

  16. #16crewchief8882012-06-11 20:52

    the dealer may have moved them because of the problems with other units, and not wanting anyone inquiring about buying/ leasing/ or renting one until the problem is solved. thats what i'd do ayway...:nono :drinkup

  17. #17Digdeep2012-06-12 21:24

    I have also heard that there are some serious problems out there along with some unsubstantiated rumors that CNH is quibbling with their supplier (Bosch??) over the issues.

  18. #18Matt_H2012-06-12 22:26

    Well I spent the morning at the dealer. Seems as though there is a pretty big problem with the supplier of some case parts and a recall on a couple parts once case has a parts supply. Dealer claims hands were tied but due to the fact that I spend as much money as I do at the dealer there was a pretty good deal done today to mend the fence, and they were sure to point that out to me. so needless to say things worked out for me. Oh and the reason all the TR's were moved to the back two stolen machines within a week both TR's yard guy was asked to move all to the back but figured only TR's stolen so he only moved them. So TR owners watch and wait for recalls.

  19. #19KSSS2012-06-12 22:30

    I am pretty well connected into that skid steer program, and I have not heard anything to support that. Not saying I am in the know on everything that goes on but if there is a serious problem I think I would know about. To say nothing of the fact that there 5 CASE CTL's in my area. None are down, nor have they been. The only complaint by one that has a 320 is that he wants more lift capacity.

  20. #20Matt_H2012-06-14 01:22

    KSSS your machine has never said JOYNU? Cause if it hasn't it will. I know theres a problem with them which is fine every machine has problems i expect that, don't get me wrong I like the Case product I just didn't like being in the dark for a week not knowing what was going on.

  21. #21KSSS2012-06-14 19:40

    yes it has but its never caused a problem. I just dont touch the joysticks before I hit the button. Its never been an issue yet. what is yours doing specifically.

  22. #22Matt_H2012-06-14 21:14

    Well it starts with the JOYNU, which in my case was due to the toggle switch on the right side joystick is faulting. Then after that codes 5131, 5201,1906 and sometimes 1416 would pop up the first three codes would go all at once and would only go when travelling while dumping or throwing the material out of bucket. Heres the thing with my machine the Tech's say that the ecu might need to be replaced but don't know until they reset it, but it can't be reset until I have new joystick controls as they don't function properly.

  23. #23KSSS2012-06-15 09:15

    I only get JOYNU if I hit the controls before releasing the brake. If I dont hit the controls it doesnt show up. Mine hasyet to throw a code.