Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track Hoe Thief dies!

Buckethead ยท 2011-01-24 14:31

In Austria somebody tried to steal a track hoe and died trying. http://www.austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2011-01-21/29935/Would-be_digger_thief_dies_in_mud_pool

Replies16
  1. #1Jlillie22011-01-24 14:39

    Whole new meaning to the word 'dirt bag". B-)

  2. #2thebaz2011-01-24 18:38

    He drove the excavator a few hundred meters away while they were having lunch??? Good plan. This will probably get a Darwin award.

  3. #3Buckethead2011-01-24 18:41

    Yeah maybe he thought it would make a good getaway car.

  4. #4jimrr2011-01-24 20:24

    you'd think he had a truck waiting for the 'get away' vehicle otherwise what would he do with it unless he was joy riding, er..... digging.

  5. #5tonka2011-01-24 20:29

    ya know i hate a thief as much as the next guy, but i don't think he needed to loose his life over it... rip thief...

  6. #63rdGenDslWrench2011-01-24 20:43

    What did mom and dad always tell you when you were a kid??? "IF IT AINT YOURS, LEAVE IT THE HE!! ALONE"

  7. #7Buckethead2011-01-24 22:47

    I agree 100%, I don't wish death on the guy, I just found it an interesting story. It would have been funny if he didn't die. I wonder what he would have said if the guys came back and found him alive in the stuck machine, lol.

  8. #8Jlillie22011-01-25 09:21

    If it was my machine, he would find it hard to communicate with so many missing teeth. (Wipes off baseball bat and sits back down...) ;-)

  9. #92stickbill2011-01-25 09:32

    Well a thief cost you money any time he steals.The law does nothing.Insurance company depreciates it down so much.Sometimes they will destroy machines on the job sit just for fun.So if I ever catch one he better commit suicide real quick. Do like the Indians used to do.Have a little fun.

  10. #10mitch5042011-01-25 11:12

    Amen Bill. If more of them died the world would be better off.

  11. #11Buckethead2011-01-25 17:38

    I have no use for thieves, either. I just meant it would be funny what excuse he would cook up if he was caught in the act. If the guy didn't die it would have been one of those "stupid criminals" stories you read in the papers, like guys leaving their wallet at the scene, or falling asleep in the getaway car.

  12. #12Deeretime2011-01-25 20:40

    He expected nobody to notice the tracks marks and where they led to? I am no scientist but i think i would follow those tracks rite up to that guys shed, unless he had a trailer waiting for him down the road... but based on what i seen i dont think he was smart enough for that

  13. #13Swamp rat2011-01-25 22:01

    Atleast one more of them is gone - just need more endings that way, may stop a few.

  14. #14ditchdiggerjcf2011-01-25 22:03

    He got what was coming to him. He won't be missed.

  15. #15kirktripp2011-01-28 16:00

    Poor poor pitiful Hoe

  16. #16sh0rtlife2011-01-28 16:49

    another one bites the dust!!! which in turn means less of them breading more thieves