Hey guys! Here is the situation. My buddy at work had told me that he was going to "scrap" an old dozer that was given to him by his uncle. Only because he doesnt know how to find a buyer. I told him to take some pics with my camera, and that I would find out some information about the tractor to help him sell it instead. Below are some pictures that were taken a couple weeks ago. Can someone please get me some information on this tractor? that would be great! only thing I know about this dozer is that its an Allis and chalmers and that it still runs fine! Also, if anyone knows how much I could "possibly" get, if I could find a buyer. THANKS!!! http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/248376_1824728215663_1163983537_31728449_54690_n.jpg http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...24728415668_1163983537_31728450_1512489_n.jpg
No idea if this will help at all, its a old thread on this forum I found. EDIT: Nevermind, this link is for a dozer not a tracked loader.
It sure looks like it's worth more than scrap to me. If you were a thousand miles closer, we'd talk.
It's a track loader, not a dozer. We don't know your area or your market conditions, but I am guessing that if he scraps it himself he could expect maybe $1200 to $1400. He could put it on Ebay and describe it honestly and if it is runs/operates, it might bring $2000. Or park it out by the highway, move it around a little every week, put a sign on it and see if you can get $2500. If not sold by winter, Ebay or scrap. IMO.
Is it located in New Hampshire? I'm interested.
Yes sir the loader is located in Barrington, NH. If you would like to get in touch with the owner I can get you his cell phone number, or if there is information, pictures etc. you would like to know about it, I can get that you also.
Can an Admin please move this thread to "track loaders" please?
Done. I also renamed the title of the thread. CM
Blinkin, It looks like freight will cost too much. I suggest Ebay, as it will probably bring about $2000 or more.
that loader is an allis chalmers hd6g. should have a 4 cylinder engine, earlier ones had a buda engine, later ones had an allis chalmers engine. by the looks of it the machine has dry master clutch and hand steering clutches. they were in the 50-60 hp range and weighed 18-20,000 lbs. usually had 4 forward gears and 2 reverse gears. the tracks look fair but the rest of the machine looks ok. biggest issue with these machines is when they sit, the steering clutches freeze up and you can't steer. if it all works and moves and steers, expect $2-3000. very handy machines.
Just curious how you can tell it's a dry clutch machine. Is it the air intake?
i can not tell for sure without seeing more pics. dry clutches went into the late 60's and this looks like an older machine than that. it may be a newer one with wet clutch and power assist steering, i don't know for sure without having the serial number. just a generalizaton on my part.
I don't know when the switch was. Our 69 had a wet clutch but I think the power steering only went into the dozers and never made it to the loaders or maybe it just came later. By the way I believe that AC bought Buda and just called them AC engines although I'm sure they did some development.