Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

track motor rebuild (hitachi ex 60 URG)

archibaldtuttle ยท 2024-01-12 11:15

got new bearings and o-ring kit no problem but the hardest part to find has been the end cap that keeps hyrdaulic oil from running down the shaft into the gear oil of planetary drive. when the bearing went the result decomposition dislodged this end cap and tore the sealing material. none of the hitachi part numbers are obtainable any more, but these end caps, from what I can tell are somewhat like seals, a certain diameter and a certain height or thickness. apparently the original was 42mmx8mm. found a supplier for a 42x7 and i think that will be fine. but they have two parts, the difference being the pressure rating: 7 psi vs. 50 psi. I don't really understand how these piston motors work (love it if someone could explain) but i'm assuming that the oil in this area has to be return or suction pressure as neither of those ratings is going to handle the feed pressure. and since this is just a piece of tin coated with epdm rubber and I have the original in hand to compare, I don't think it is like the original part was for high pressure. but I am trying to figure out which of the two options available I should be using and if anyone knows theory of ops or pressure to be expected where that cap is located would appreciate advice. attaching schematic of motor in which this end cap is part #07 and pictures of the original. you can't see the tear in the EPDM but its there and the has been roughed up on the end that faced the bearing although if it weren't for the torn EPDM, i'd clean it up and reuse it. thanks any help and hope these diagrams might help anyone looking to keep their EX60 running.

Replies2
  1. #1kp1002024-01-25 07:58

    I had to get one rebuilt and I took it to a reputable hydraulic repair shop. They sourced all the components and had it repaired in no time. Installed and never had an issue. I think they were able to source parts through aftermarket contacts those shops have. Might be worth checking around.

  2. #2gflem19972024-01-26 01:09

    Should be the same as JD190E -> PN # 4252672 Readily available from Deere