Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track removal

huffsisland77 · 2024-11-09 09:25

I’m currently working on a small Mitsubishi dozer and not being a track machine guy I’m having trouble locating the master link to remove the track. I have attached a picture of the tracks. All the pins appear to be the same with a dimple in the end of them inside and outside. I don’t see anything different about any of them. My inclination tells me that anyone of them can be removed but before I go to beating and banging I would like to ask someone that knows tracks.

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952024-11-09 10:34

    Welcome to the Forums H77! Glad to have you. Not familiar with Mitsu dozers so not much help there. So theirs no alligator style master pin?

  2. #2epirbalex2024-11-09 15:55

    Several ways to find the master link . If you check each link from the top looking between the gaps of the outer link and the inner one the master link will not have the bush extend into the outside link , there should be a lose washer there . If it has modern tracks with bolted master link there will be a solid link where you can't see the track bolt nuts .

  3. #3epirbalex2024-11-09 19:34

    The side view is a bolted master link with the solid link next to an ordinary one . The second photo shows a inside link and b the outside , the arrow points to the bush that extends into the outer link , on an older master link system in that gap will have a washer .