Just got some new track rollers for my Konatsu D21-p (small dozer) and see that they are different from the old ones in that the flats on one side that bolts to the roller frame has a longitudinal groove in it about 1/2" wide and the length of the roller pad. This is not providing the surface of the old ones from the roller pad to the roller frame. Anybody ever seen this? Maybe newer Komats have a ridge or something this fits into...... ? Thanks, Pete
Pete, I think there should be a flat key that fits in the tapered groove and locks the shafts to the collars. Generally the keys come with the roller but are kinda loose until the roller is bolted up. If thats not what you are describing a pic would help
Thanks, Wulf....I am talking about the flat that snugs up to the roller frame. On one side only. The flat the bolts go thru. Got a big slot milled into the flat...about 1/2" wide and the length of the pad. The roller shaft is flat on the top so when bolted up it can't turn. Lots of the weight of the dozer sits on the rollers, and this slot in one pad on each roller means I ain't got the surface area on one side like the other. Still got about half the area as the other side, I guess. Probably not a big deal, and will also fit something else that needs that slot in there. The first 2 rollers I got awhile back did not have the slot. I didn't notice it 'till I got home with the parts. I will give 'em a call and ask if they know what the slots are for.. Thanks Pete