Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track stops on one side

The Dirt Guy · 2023-01-29 23:07

I’ve got a late 80’s 955k run great no issues but I was on a steep hill making a road and the left track would stop as if I hit the brake while backing up. Any thoughts? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-01-30 02:07

    Late 80's would be a 955L. Does all the linkage for the left brake move freely? Wondering if a chunk of dirt or a binding linkage caused the brake to come on when at a steep angle.

  2. #2The Dirt Guy2023-01-30 11:09

    I would have to check that next time I am on it, but when it does it, I immediately press the brakes and slowly move forward and then back to reverse. I let you know what I find out in regard to your comment.

  3. #3Nige2023-01-30 14:36

    Pull the final drive drain plug on that side and have a look at the oil while you are at it. That might tell you a lot.