Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track tension adjuster question

chuey ยท 2017-03-22 19:12

I recently bought a new machine(new to me) & I do not know how to tighten the tracks. I am used to just using a grease fitting to adjust tracks but this machine has something different. Check out the picture I included. Any info on what this fitting is would be very beneficial as the tracks need tightened up. Thanks in advance!

Replies6
  1. #1GregsHD2017-03-22 19:34

    That's a button head grease fitting, you should be able to get an adapter for your grease gun at a good parts store or online.

  2. #2chuey2017-03-22 19:35

    Never heard of those. I appreciate it

  3. #3GregsHD2017-03-22 19:57

    I should have said coupler instead of adapter, also you may be able to swap in a standard zerk nipple depending how it's set up. Cheers

  4. #456wrench2017-03-23 11:09

    Alemite makes them. Maybe also Lincoln. You probably need to know the diameter of the button. I seem to remember there being 2 sizes of button. The Cat tool (nozzle) for filling rollers and idlers with oil also uses a button fitting.

  5. #5Tones2017-03-23 17:57

    Remove it, drill and tap a hole in the end and fit ordinary zerk. Simples

  6. #6fast_st2017-03-23 18:48

    Button head is usually the same fittings on the rollers, easy to clean. My lil deere dozer used the flat faced fittings like that.