I have a John Deere 750j. I went to tighten up the track on left side and the tensioner has turned in toward the inside. Not able to get the grease gun on it. Same thing happened 500hrs ago same side. Had a mechanic fix it by taking track apart and turn it back to right position. Any way to keep this from happening? Thanks in advance
Is this the setup you have on your 750J? Appears to be the exact same setup as the 850J. There is a bracket support broken off your assembly where the arrow is showing letting it turn freely. It does not show on the diagrams, but I have had this happen to me. I use like a bolt or a 1X1 square stock and weld across the bottom and it keeps it from turning. These come from factory with a bracket on them and they are known for failure (breaking off). If you remove the assembly, you should be able to see where it is broke off. I would break the track, turn the assembly where it should be, then you will have a visual of where your new piece needs to be welded on the bottom. Should fix your problem! :cool2
Thanks I got it to tighten for now. Will have to try it
It will turn over again! Good luck!