Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tracking Issue – Hokuetsu Airman AX45

blizzard95 · 2024-02-01 15:06

Hello all, Im back again with a question relating to tracking. When I track using both levers, the machine will move forward, however when used independently of one and other the right hand track doesn't track at all, the left one does but i dont think it seems like full power. If I focus on one side not working, what would cause this? I dont know where to start looking, any advice as to what to look at would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1uffex2024-02-02 04:13

    Good day The attacched may be of help. click on link. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Diesel Dave2024-02-02 08:55

    When trying to move the right side track does the engine lug down at all ?

  3. #3blizzard952024-03-04 17:34

    Hi, Im going to say no, very slight if it does, when you come against resistance with the track, its as if it bypasses internally someway, could there be a relief valve or seals leaking? Something not correct with the other track also, but not as bad as the right one

  4. #4Diesel Dave2024-03-04 18:28

    I would suggest a right side motor case drain leakage test (litres per minute). If you don’t have a spec, you could compare to the left side.

  5. #5blizzard952024-03-05 10:21

    Thanks, how would I complete this? Drain into a container for a specified time and work out LPM, or an inline flowmeter? Apart maybe from differing flows, what would this test indicate? As an aside, is it lack of pressure that is the problem, if you have any flow should it not move?

  6. #6Diesel Dave2024-03-05 12:16

    The test is measuring internal leakage and would indicate internal condition of the motor. If you could find a published spec would be ideal. if not available,using the left side leakage test as “normal“ is an option. **NOTE ,The test procedure below is from a Hitachi EX40-2 manual.** .