Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tracks on dozer

JR Clark · 2020-12-19 17:54

I’ve been messing with a dozer that has set up for years I have a mechanic coming to diagnose it next week but a guy called me today and said that if them tracks are rusted up and to tight then it wouldn’t track as anyone ever seen that

Replies8
  1. #1AllDodge2020-12-19 18:29

    If the track pins are rusted and do bind, it will not track straight

  2. #2JR Clark2020-12-19 19:09

    Naw this dozer was parked for 20 years when parked was fully operational now everything works still other when you go to track it just jumps a couple of inches and stops got a mechanic coming next week it’s not the brakes that’s y I was asking if anyone ever heard of tracks so tight it won’t move

  3. #3Vetech632020-12-19 19:23

    Did you get that transmission pressure problem fixed?

  4. #4JR Clark2020-12-19 20:14

    Naw I just got a mechanic coming next week but was told that it could be the tracks could be so tight it wouldn’t track

  5. #5AllDodge2020-12-20 08:11

    What ya working on?

  6. #6JR Clark2020-12-20 12:52

    Got a Case 1150e that set up for 20 years

  7. #7Dave Neubert2020-12-20 21:41

    Yes I have had tracks rust up after sitting does it labor the engine

  8. #8JR Clark2020-12-20 22:59

    If it does it isn’t much that’s why I’m thinking that’s not it