I have a John Deere 5065M 4wd. Will it sufficiently pull and work a 10 ft. pull type box scraper? I am looking to buy something like an Industrias America f10 with tilt. I would be willing to go with an 8 ft. if I need to, but would like to do 10 ft. if it will handle it.
If you’re wanting to spread loose material, grade a driveway etc. Yes it will. If you’re wanting to hog out virgin ground I doubt it would do that with 8’ let alone 10’. Maybe if it was weighted down where it had some traction. We have a 10’ and it’ll stop a 100hp 4wd dead in its tracks on harder material or a box full of gravel.
You don't have near enough tractor for a 10' and probably not enough for an 8' unless you are just doing very light work (touching up a driveway, smoothing a riding arena, light topsoil leveling.) We used to run a 7' heavy duty hinge back 3pt box blade on a 2550 JD and later a M9540 Kubota. It would work on the 5000 series JD's but get too heavy handed or and hills involved and it would stop the tractor quick. Pull type box blades are generally even larger cubic capacity and you don't have the traction benefits of a 3pt mounted unit.
I have a pretty heavy duty 12 ft box scraper that I pull with a Case/Ih 5130 FWA. (Approx 90 HP). It gets the job done but it is definitely too big for that tractor. The Industrias America box scrapers that I have seen are what I consider a pretty light duty box scraper. I wouldn't think they would pull very hard only because in most cases it would prob ride up over the material before it got very full. YMMV
No, it doesn’t have the weight or the HP. If you’re doing already prepared grounds, like maintaining driveways or trails, or food plots, then it could work, to a degree but think you will be very frustrated. I have a 40 HP 4 wheel drive Kubota and a 6’ box blade is at its limit and would like to trade for a 5’er.