This is a very clean Fiat-Allis FR-10 loader that runs and operates very well. It is an earlier one built in Deerfield, IL and is essentially a rebadged Allis-Chalmers 345 loader. It is a very tight machine and low hours. It was traded in for a much larger Deere unit. Sure wish I had a need for such a machine but alas, I don't.
What do you think a fair price for this machine would be? "They" really don't prefer to have off branded machines present and are considering sending it through auction, but my son in law has stalled that to see if I have interest. Just under 5900 hours and all original with very good and verifiable maintenance routines. It really needs nothing at this time including routine services; all kept up on. Tires are at least 75% and it's always been used privately, (farm) being washed after use in an automatic wash bay. Two stick controls for the bucket and the joints appear to all be tight.
Machinery Trader lists average retail at $17,630 and average auction at $10,616. Figures are for all machines currently offered at retail, 2 machines, or sold at auction in last year. No mention of any buyers premiums in the listings. Year of manufacture make a difference as the bucket tilt linkages are different in some of the machines offers or sold. I can't see what you have in the photo but I'm guessing the older style. If so I think the average auction less 15% might be a good place to start negotiations. If the newer style you are likely looking in the teens to start negotiating.
Thanks John; I understand it is a 1980, or 1981 build and this is the closest I could find relating to it. Although a "B" series tractor in the attachment, (1978 printing) it's specifications mimic near exact of this one: http://www.tractorparts.com/PDFs/ACFIAT345WHLLDRINFO.pdf I certainly don't have any express need for such a machine, but this one appears to have had such great care it's kinda hard to let it slip by. Kinda/Sorta like my 11B dozer.
There are probably hundreds of Fiat loaders sitting and rotting away because they won't move due to non-existent parts for the shifting controls. I would forget I ever saw it.
What do you mean the "shifting controls"? Aren't they Morse cables, or rods with Heim ends if manual, or something electronic? This one is a combination of both from the looks of it.
There are many threads I've read on here over the years about Fiat loaders and parts. I tried searching but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Seems like the electronic direction control switch fails and no replacement or parts to fix. Maybe this one is old enough to be all mechanical.
This one appears to be mechanically actuated/shifted fore and aft in direction, and electrical in speed selection. It is much the same as a modern wiper motor/turn signal actuator stalk in a car. With the resistance offered definitely a cable involved. I don't know for certain as only sat in it briefly, and didn't operate anything else. It is a three speed powershift transmission but most of the older stuff is a combination of mechanical and electrical operation. Know what you mean with F-A machines scrapping early citing lack of parts. When Fiat pulled the plug, the yanked it. By the time they finally did that however there really wasn't much Allis-Chalmers left in the business long being replaced by european designs.