Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trail King tag trailer.

Canadian_digger ยท 2010-02-23 19:47

Looking at a TK20LP trail king tag trailer. Just wondering if anyone has one and their likes or dislikes. I am also interested how their spring assist ramp are to life from both off the ground and off the trailer. Do they have springs to lift both ways? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952010-02-23 20:34

    Can't speak about the 20 but I bought a TK12 back in 1998 and still have it today. I would say that it has been the best trailer I have bought, expensive but worth it. After 12 years the wiring still works without any problems, the double acting ramps have held up very well but the original deck needs replacing. I bought a Betterbuilt 54K tag in '04 and it is a very good trailer but I wish I would have paid the extra $2-3K and bought a TK.

  2. #2Kgmz2010-02-23 21:13

    Have owned Trail King tags and lowboys in the past. You can't go wrong with one of the Big 3 in the NW, Eagar Beaver, Trail King, and TrailMax. Plus these brands will have the best resale value. In these 3 brands the Trailers are almost exactly the same length, deck, etc. The only bad thing in my opinion is that the Trail King only has a 8 ft. wide deck standard, while the other 2 brands have a 8'6" wide deck standard. As for the ramps, ours just had regular ramps so don't know how those assisted ones are. But anything that helps is good, we still have our Eager Beaver trailer with the ramps and I hate flipping those up compasred to using our TrailMax tilt bed.

  3. #3Canadian_digger2010-02-25 08:44

    Sounds like a good trailer. Thanks for the replay.