Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trailer Stake Pockets

chapions · 2025-03-08 06:06

How would you go about adding stake pockets to this trailer? I am shying away from welding to it due to a recent paint job. The C channel sides are making this somewhat difficult. So far I think my best idea is bolting stake pockets from the inside and notching the deck boards. I am looking for any additional insight.

Replies5
  1. #1Tags2025-03-08 09:09

    I definitely would not drill through the sides of the trailer and bolt anything to it. I think I would take some 3 inch channel and weld it on the top flange and bottom flange of the outside of the trailer. I think that would be your best bet, and it wouldn’t take that much touchup paint to fix it.

  2. #256wrench2025-03-08 10:09

    I would use rectangular tubing with .250” wall thickness and weld it to the outside of the rail, top and bottom, upper and lower done by a qualified welder for legal reasons. You can pre-cut the pieces and then take it to a welding shop so all they have to do is weld them on. Also if needed, you could add triangular gussets to each side of the pockets after they are welded on. It depends what you are going to use the stake pockets for

  3. #3DDoug2025-03-08 10:17

    No need for tubing with the internal weld: https://www.buyersproducts.com/product/straight-weld-on-stake-pocket-760 or bolt on ones: https://www.buyersproducts.com/product/straight-bolt-on-stake-pocket-758

  4. #4materthegreater2025-03-08 10:34

    Inside the rails would be my choice, especially because of the fenders.

  5. #5chorty552025-08-12 18:32

    About to burn stake pockets on my project. 18, 20, or 24" on center? 16ft deck over, 2x.375 rub rail.