Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trailer Trash

stumpjumper83 ยท 2009-04-03 17:40

So I have kinda been laid off since Tuesday, and I've been volunteering with tornado clean up. Wednesday and Thursday I help put a roof on a barn, and today I started the fun stuff. A trailer park was looking for help to clean up about 6 trailers that were mostly destroyed. So I made a few phone calls and had a 315cl w/ a manual thumb semi donated... And I get to run it. Here are some pics from me just getting started. Oh, why do trucks always get stuck? I even had to give the truck a bump in the butt to get him out... truck drivers when they cant find grade stakes to run down, they just get stuck instead... I promise to post more tomorrow when the main effort gets underway.

Replies8
  1. #1stumpjumper832009-04-04 17:34

    more pics so the main clean up was today. Myself and several loaders filled 7 roll offs with garbage, 1 with heavy steel, and 1 with aluminum, and i estimate there are 2-3 20 yarders to fill monday, could have done it today easy, but nobody had any cans left. the loader tractors are deere 2640's the skid loaders are case 1845c's and a gehl 4610e w/ grapple the excavator is a cat 315c l Oh, and hot water heaters are fun to pinch, they act like a big pop can.

  2. #2stumpjumper832009-04-04 17:45

    oh, check out the wheels on the 1845c those are some mennonite specials, it takes awile to get a flat with them...

  3. #3stumpjumper832009-04-04 18:30

    ok, i cant figgure out how to zoom in on the wheels so you can see the set up, If someone else can, Ill send the photo to you so everyone can see the wheels.

  4. #4tyler5652@yahoo2009-04-21 12:40

    Wow i must have missed this thread, nice pics! Did ya get to keep any scrap metal or did ya let it go to the disposal service?

  5. #5Wolf2009-04-21 18:10

    Looks like you are having a blast with this. Lucky you to line up such work under fun conditons like that. Popping the hot water heaters must have been fun. Did you salvage anything or trash it all?

  6. #6stumpjumper832009-04-21 18:58

    salvaged anything we could, separate aluminum and steel dumpsters... and saved any decent appliances. The frames in the twisted heap are awaiting a set of torches. And, yes, it was a pile of fun. I wanna hydraulic thumb next time though. oh, and the hole in the thumb is just under regulation bowling ball diameter, but you can wedge one in there if you try...

  7. #7Wolf2009-04-21 19:43

    When are you gonna torch the frames? That should be a blast too. Don't forget to bring the marshmallows.

  8. #8stumpjumper832009-04-21 19:58

    I'm not involved with that part of the operation, I came and left w/ the excavator.