Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Train parts and pieces

Truck Shop ยท 2016-08-06 19:17

Some old train parts and junk that I saw stored In Lampson Crane yard. That flat car with the hoops on it was some kind of wooden tank car. Truck Shop

Replies2
  1. #1RZucker2016-08-06 21:21

    The engine in the last pic is an EMD 567-12. Kinda like a Detroit Diesel. 567 cubes per hole and 1cylinder per hand hole on the side of the block. That stuff is owned by a RR "preservation society" that doesn't do a very good job of "preserving", Lots of infighting amongst themselves. They had a big Great Northern 2-8-2 at one time that was towed off elsewhere in the early2000s to actually be restored. I'm not sure where it ended up. I know how these "preservation societies" work from first hand experience. Got dragged into part of the NP1356 overhaul in Toppenish... Total joke. Doctors, lawyers and dentists calling the shots and not a single one had a clue about working with iron or boilers. They thought $10 per hour types would get it done. Nope, Not gonna happen.

  2. #2Truck Shop2016-08-06 22:31

    Looking at that stuff today I had an idea that someone or a group was keeping the stuff for historical purpose and it was a cheap place to stow it. But the way it's kept is total hap-hazard. The port security told me that homeless people were living in some of the cars from time to time and damaging what ever. Too bad. Truck Shop