Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Training

nowing75 ยท 2010-06-20 10:54

Hello, I was wondering what kind of training from the manufacture's is offered to the public. I work for a smaller contractor with equipment ranging from 246 skid loader to a doosan 350 excavator. I came from the airline industry and im trying to learn as much as i can but im the only shop guy so i dont have the older wiser guy to ask. Cat has ben great for giving me info but from what im told their is no training avalible for the public. My boss is willing to pay but not sure who offers anything. Thanks for the info. Jason

Replies3
  1. #1stock2010-06-20 15:05

    What type of training do you wish to get, is it on operation of plant or on it's repair.? In what type of aeronautical work were you involved ? Airframe or powerplant?

  2. #2nowing752010-06-21 17:02

    I was an a&p for united airlines for 10 years. I was looking for trouble shooting on the new common rail engines. I have a good mechanical back ground just looking to learn as much as I can. I have started investing in softwere as it looks like in the future if you can't plug in to the computer your just guessing. Thanks for the input. Jason

  3. #3Drifter2010-06-25 01:14

    Any thing in particular you would like to know about common rail? If it is a Bosch set up ask away.