Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TransCanada Highway closed

245dlc ยท 2010-06-21 19:53

Looks like it rained for once in the Medicine Hat area so much so that the TransCanada was closed as it is washed out. I saw this on the news and found a decent video on youtube looks like Niagara Falls....lol YouTube - Maple Creek flood 2010 Trans Canada Highway dissapears

Replies3
  1. #1muzy2010-06-27 11:24

    Thanx for that BTW. Have seen rail cars loaded with shot rock headed east between Lethbridge and Taber. Gusse they are headed In that direction as a far bit of track has nothing holding it up anymore. muzy

  2. #2cummins052010-07-08 17:02

    I came thru that on my why up to calgary from manitoba pretty nasty around that area then its ok from calgary to edmonton not as much rain but get in the slave lake wabasca high level areas and its a monsoon every night and lots of afternoons.

  3. #3245dlc2010-07-08 20:43

    Yeah this year it's not just Manitoba getting flooded out it's almost the whole Prairies. Must be a bit of relief for some Alberta farmers I have relatives in the Wainwright area and most summers they hardly get any rain and the grass is brown by July. The Interlake sure got it bad this year too, the fiance and I were on Highway 6 somewhere north of Arborg and there was water running over the road as the culverts couldn't handle all the water. But go figure the department of holidays (highways) can never be bothered to put larger culverts in.