Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Transmission Drain Plug size/Drain Plug replacement search

Oscar2 · 2024-06-14 04:51

I have a case 580B. I would simply like to know if Case 580 series Drain plug sizes are exactly the same across the series 580B, C or anything similar in age. Particularly the transmission Drain plug. The problem I'm having is finding a replacement for the plug, I am able to find the replacement plug for other backhoes other than the 580B, The plug is virtually flat against the bottom of the machine due to wear and the hexagonal head is quite damaged, it is not leaking so before I remove it I would like to have the replacement in hand. Just bought this machine not long ago and would like to service it thoroughly. Thanks. -long time reader of these forums, first time posting.

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-06-14 12:01

    Remove it and weld a big nut on it. Or have some else weld it if you aren't able to.

  2. #2Oscar22024-06-14 12:07

    Sounds good, thank you for the advice.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2024-06-16 09:17

    My Case 580 SE had someone strip the socket head plug. I just put a big pan under shuttle and took the bolts out holding the pan up, to drain and clean screen. Cleaned the drain pan up and welded a 3/8” nut to the socket head drain plug to get it out and I was looking through my bins for another one and said screw it. Put it back in with a nut welded to it, much easier to drain if needed.