Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Transmission light and buzzer

divedigger · 2024-03-05 11:16

I have a 1992 943 with 7700 hrs on and it has set for about 3 years and everything works but the transmission and horn buzzer continiue to go off while running. Is there a switch on transmission that is stuck since the oil is cold and the machine operates fine? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2024-03-05 13:27

    Unfortiunately that means about as much as a "white Ford F150". Got a Serial Number.? I think you could be referring to the High Transmission Temperature warning. Does the alarm go off as soon as the key is turned on.?

  2. #2divedigger2024-03-05 17:51

    19zo1902 no the light and buzzer dont come on till you start it. Thanks

  3. #3Nige2024-03-05 18:22

    Sorry I should have been clearer. Do they come on when you first turn the key on, or not until the engine starts.? I’m just wondering if you have had rodents nibbling at wires somewhere.

  4. #4divedigger2024-03-12 14:48

    I doubled checked and when i turn master key on the light flashes only but when it starts both the light and buzzer comes on. Thanks

  5. #5Nige2024-03-12 15:06

    I think you're going to have to start tracing wiring. It sounds as though the trans temp warning is going off. This will not sound the buzzer until the engine starts. I'll see if I can dig up an electrical schematic for it.

  6. #6Nige2024-03-13 11:33

    So the bad news is that there isn't one. However I found the details on the 8N2248 transmission temperature switch. It is mounted on the transmission oil pan and what is interesting is that it is normally closed, only opening if the temperature rises above 102 DegC. So either the switch has failed (easy enough to check) or there is a break somewhere in the wiring between the switch and the warning light panel. Back to my earlier comment about the possibility of rodents nibbling the wiring...........

  7. #7divedigger2024-03-14 19:03

    Thanks for the info