Hello everybody , Here are some pics of the transport of my machine here in Belgium .
thanks for the pictures,nice excavator and truck
Nice Pics! Are you holding the tracks up with something. They don't seem that tight and looks like they would sag down?
Between the sprocket and the track they place a piece of steel and roll the tracks to the front . ( sorry for my bad english )
:thumbsup Thanks for the reply!
you get fines for running on the blacktop over there with your tracked machine or nah? I see tracked marks all over that blacktop!!! You better get outta there asap before the Polizia comes... :Banghead
Yes , i Know . But it was the only way to get our of the area .
How do they charge for the lowbed moves over there? Do you need special permits and such?
Very impressive pictures. Nice truck/trailer setup. How long is the boom on that thing?
Yes , they need special permits and may only drive at night .
Boom : 11.50 M Stick : 8.25 M
WOW, Only move at night, we are only allowed to move during the day and during rush hour in the cities we have to park till the end of rush hour. We can move at night only if you have the machine completely illumined in light and can be seen from a distance of something like 300 foot away.
thats a very nice setup for sure!! that 345 has really been taken care of great pics!!
Beautiful Machine you have there! Do you have any pictures of it in action I love that long reach boom setup:cool2
Hello , I've made a picture how they do it with the sprockets
Transport of today . With a brand new Mercedes Actros
Super nice I like the whole setup.:drinkup
What is that tank for behind the cab?
I'd take a stab that it's a fuel tank, to feed that Mercedes. Those guys over in Belgium don't mess around, do they?:scool
You are correct lowboy. On European heavy towers there aint space to the tank elsewhere. On the left between the front wheel and nr 2, is the airtanks and the battery. On the right is the sillencer.(normaly, her on this one is the aircleaner) So you must have the fueltank behind the cab. Often there is a cooling unit there too.(for the retarder/and or engine)
A little movie : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT1HB355zOs
Realy nice video, shows you all how we transport things in Europe. Lowboy; I think you should have tried this mercedes.. And don't stop Cat345BLR this is realy impressing.:notworthy
Thanks , i'l do my best greetings
Man that is a beautiful excavator, cool trick with the pin!
I really like the looks of the Mercedes , wonder why those or other cab overs dont sell here in the U.S. doug
I would love to see some picutres of how the neck breaks off that trailer to load the machine. Also i cant get enough of the video's of the euro low-loaders going around corners using the trailer steering. You guys have the coolest trailers but in my humble american ME opinion your trucks are ugly. Never liked cab overs, just means your the first at the scene of the crash. Oh and thats a great looking machine you got there.
I don't think I'd look good in one, but I appreciate the thought though. I have a hard enough time figuring out Volvo's...there's no words on any of the switches or anything. I look at something like the headlight switch, thinking it's the headlights, flip the switch, and next thing I know I'm dumping the air out of the suspension going down the road or even worse yet...unlocking the slider on the 5th wheel... Those Swedes need to realize that there's a whole colony of dummies such as me that need WORDS printed underneath, or within, their switches. Plus, if the steering wheel is on the wrong side..I'm REALLY a hurtin' cowboy then...:Cowboy That would mean I'd have to shift with my left arm, and the pattern is probably opposite ours in America...see where I'm going with this? I wonder if the throttle pedal is on the left, and the brake and clutch on the right in those lefties? It would be a real deal for me to get used to. Kind of like me getting into an excavator with John Deere controls as opposed to Cat. I run a Cat in my sleep, like Stevie Ray Vaughn played his guitar. I get into a Cat plumbed with JD pattern without a diverter valve, and for the first hour, you won't want to be within swinging distance of that bucket...I ain't kiddin'. Put me in a left hand drive CABOVER none the less, with backwards pedals, and I guarannnnteeee,...there'll be some unhappy motorists around this kid for an hour too. I'd be the most IMPORTANT PERSON IN EUROPE for a spell... You can't send a boy to do a man's job I reckon.
P.S....Where can I get one of those "Oversize Load" signs printed in "Belgium"? What a riot that would be...me moving a big load with a sign that says "Vonderschnitzel Wedenkraut" or whatever that sign says on that Mercedes. (Sorry for the poor translation, MKTEF, my Belgium is a little rusty.):falldownlaugh :falldownlaugh :falldownlaugh
I have a video , how he is going together http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1050643mj4.flv
I agree with you on the trailers but disagree on the truck that Mercedes Actros looks pretty darn good. It would make one heck of a wrecker.
Yes I agree... those European style trucks look the biz in my opinion Do they still do the on-track truck racing (lorry racing for the brits I guess) over there?
Very nice picsA
How come no roo bars? Maybe there's no roo's in Belgium, I don't know...:beatsme Is that a sleeper compartment behind the seats, or is it more fuel tank storage area?
Yep, there are two beds dehind the seats. oh and by the way mercedes sucks, scania all the way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PIXfIbHFFc see what I meen????? There is also a little movie from Truckrace 2006, still have to upload the 2007 ones
Oh man, that Scania in the video is awesome. Those trucks are truly awesome. I love KW's and Pete's but those Euro trucks are still pretty sweet.
Anyone with a "standard" truck (ie. not a cabover) would've had a great time trying to get out of there. Nice video.
For you lowloader Here is a roo-bar popular in scandinavia. This is a original Volvo one. Scania has similar modells. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9b0lKdPIRo We don't se so many roo's around here. I've copied some signs for u. The smalest one is of the biggest animal and the most common to collide with.(all over) Hit it straight on with a japanese car and you get a cabriolet.(i am not kidding!) The reindeers is common in nothern part of Norway. A driver said yesterday that you'd better not get caught by the lapplanders, if you kill one of their reindeers. Keep on trucking. Sheep is more common on the roads in southern part of Norway. The dear is not so common, but u bether be aware when the sign is there. The elk is a big piece of meat running cross the road. I have been frightened many times, passing the animal standing in the roadside. Glad it wasn't moving. The story: A mecanics was complaining, when repairing the airwalves under a trailer in the garage. This was in the winter and the customer had just taken the truck inside the garage, without wash and snow removal. It was full of hair and chunks of reindeer in the frame. The driver admitted to have killed som reindeer, and that it could be the reason for destroying the airwalves under the trailer..... (Not so different from squizzy's roo problem.)
Tha'ts wy cabovers are standard trucks over here, ok the street was very narrow, the first real truck (not the MAN on the trailer)to drive out of that street this year Had to put my car to the side to allow the truck to drive in backwards. There are a few NH volvos over here but the new version wasn't allowed any more, had something to do with pedestrian savety. Scania stopped making them because they just didn't sell them anymore.