Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Travel on Komatsu PC210 6K

reynokj ยท 2026-02-10 18:18

Having an issue with the travel on my Komatsu PC 210. Travels forward with both tracks fine, but with turning the tracks just seem to stall. They try to move, but just don't seem to have power. When starting fresh in the morning the right track works some, but when the machine warms up, it won't turn unless you use the boom as an assist. I am looking into several possibilities: Swivel Joint and Air in the system. Two hoses were replaced on that track about a month ago at another location. The operator didn't mention having a problem, but when I go it back to my shop it wasn't performing as it should. I would certainly appreciate any help in troubleshooting this issue.

Replies8
  1. #1Simon C2026-02-10 18:23

    What dash of machine and what is the serial number to help in separating from other models. Is 6K the amount of hours on the unit? Simon C

  2. #2reynokj2026-02-10 19:28

    Komatsu Model PC210LC-6k Serial No. 34559 2001 Only 3000 hours on the machine. Its in excellent condition for its age, with the exception of the travel issue.

  3. #3reynokj2026-02-10 19:37

    Small control monitor for panel Part No. XO8DD179 according to my drawings.

  4. #4Simon C2026-02-10 22:33

    I have the serial number 83001 UP schematic which would be close but a hair newer than yours. We had the same problem 22 years ago and I seem to recall that there was not enough voltage going to the pump LS EPC Valve. It is fed by Governor Pump Controller Plug CN-C02 pin #7 LS EPC Solenoid Positive. There should be a pin also for LS-EPC Solenoid Negative. It is pin # 17 on my drawing. Or it could be your PC-EPC Valve that is right next to the LS valve on the schematic. Your travel speed solenoid is fed by Pin#9 on my schematic on CN-C01 of Governor Pump Controller. Check for these 2 items on you schematic and follow them back in case yours is a hair different. Check of course all your fuses. Also maybe your travel switch is stuck on high. Haven't worked on one that old for a long time. Simon C

  5. #5reynokj2026-02-10 22:44

    Great information, I'm going through my schematics now. Never thought to look at the electrical side, was concentrating on the hydraulic portion. Will update when I know more. Kirk

  6. #6Simon C2026-02-10 22:53

    Don't be adjusting anything without checking all the powers and grounds. I can explain tommorow if you need more info. Simn C

  7. #7reynokj2026-02-10 23:06

    Thanks, I'll be back tomorrow!!!

  8. #8John C.2026-02-10 23:51

    If there are no codes in the diagnostics then in my experience the problem is most likely to be the TVC valve adjustment needs to be adjusted up. Basically, the pumps just need a little tuning.