When traveling on flat ground, is it best for the sprockets to be forward or the drive motors?
Get your hardhat on bro!! :drinkup Sprockets forward... :cool2
Any track machine is meant to be tracked forward....in other words. Sprockets to the rear which means you should be toeing the travel pedal forward or pushing levers forward (if equiped). Speed forward is a killer on any track as well as tension etc. Best explained in this tutorial....will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about track wear but were afraid to ask. http://undercarriage.ca/undercarriage_wear.htm
HOW ABOUT IT!!! LMAO:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh
I started laughing the moment I read this thread: some "relavent" info contained in these threads... take a flak jacket!.
LOL trick question! The sprockets are on the drive motors! :drinkup
Best way to answer this question since there seems to be a 50/50 split after reading the previous posts......consult your owners manual. I'd dig with sprockets towards the back thats what it tells you in Case excavator manuals. Which would mean as you dig you are tracking backwards....but at a very slow rate. Tracking on level ground from one place to another...recommends doing so with sprockets to the rear and tracking slowly. This all said I have only ever seem 3-4 sets of tracks replaced on excavators...they just don't track all that much ideally. Dozers on the other hand....doesn't seem to matter much. Seem guys baby them and get 3500 hours...seen some guys beat the hell out of them and get 5000+ hours out of a set. Mind you they were completely screwed. :drinkup
opcorn