This is a question about compact track loaders. I've read that track life is dependent upon a number of variables, but one of the most important is operator technique. Short radius turns are particularly rough on tracks. So, my question is what is the best way to make a short radius turn. I was looking at my T200, and I figured that if I have to make a short radius turn, having the tracks turn in opposite directions would be a lot easier on the undercarriage that moving the tracks in the same direction, but one track almost stationary and the other moving around it. That drags the slower track sideways. Is this a correct assessment? Are there other techniques I can use to make my tracks last? I keep them off of asphalt and concrete.
All I can suggest is to turn with the middle of the tracks on rised ground if you can and try and keep site where you are turning as clean as possable . They will still wear out but what do you do , you still gotta work