Check out www.monstertreesaw.com Great for clearing cedar, mesquite and other brush.
We just started up a new small company building the Monster Treesaw. We we're just wonder what thoughts people have about it. Any feedback we could get on the saw about design, pricing etc. would be greatly appreciated. Post any feedback here or at the www.monstertreesaw.com site Thanks for looking
Looks like a great idea. What about sharpening? I am very interested! Pricing?
Welcome to the Forums tacboss. Please take a moment to read the Forum rules , specifically this section - This thread is your freebie.
Please contact me through the web site for easier communications. Thanks
Looks to me like it would take forever to clear any sizable acreage using that thing . I like the hydraulic-powered "buzz saws". They can cut flush with the ground, and carbide teeth are easy to replace. How do you sharpen this thing?
The saw cuts flush to the ground and rarely needs sharpening. Sharpening can be done with a 4inch angle grinder and flap wheel sander. Cuts though 6 inch mesquite tree in about 6 seconds. It has no spinning blades to hit and throw rocks. Rocks are a problem in the Hill Country of Texas.
seems a bit pricey at $2500.00 for what it is. I would have to agree with, Mowingman.
Looks like it works pretty good, but ground-cut mesquite will grow back eventually. You have to remove the roots.
JNB, You are absolutely correct. IF left untreated...they will certainly grow back out. Texas A&M University recommends spraying the flush cut stump with a solution of Diesel and Remedy Herbicide in order to kill the roots. I have used this method and have had great results in killing the roots/stump. Thanks for the post.
Yup, $2500 should by something with bolt on replace-able off the shelf teeth (as in common and cheap, not super special)
Yes, I agreed and took that advice. The price has been lowered. (see site).
I just went today and checked this thing out! The monstersaw is ligit! 6" mesquite tree went down quicker that a chainsaw could do! Tried it out myself and I want one! This thing would be great for removing a lot of trees. For all you guy's thinking that a hydraulic buzz saw would be better, in my opinion, the simpler the better. No moving parts, no teeth to replace! I think it's a great product and as soon as I can I'm getting one. I met taboss and miss taboss and they are great people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EReRsKHra7w Who came up with this idea?
Just looking at the video, the monstertreesaw is faster. In my opinion.
Yair . . . joispoi They have been around for a long time. The first one I saw was made from about a six foot circular saw cut in half and mounted on the linkage of Grey Fergi in about 1968. It was very effective at clearing self seeded forestry pine that tended to pop in pastures adjacent to plantations. Cheers
Rome Plow . http://www.romeplow.com/Wholegood Spec Sheets/RV - Vee Blade Cutter.pdf Nice looking attachment tacboss !
Thanks td25c. That is one serious V cutter blade you have there. Can I mount it on my Bobcat????? LOL
Yeah tacboss , The skid loader had not been invented yet when Rome started building the cutter blades . Sadly Rome doesn't have a skid loader mount blade . Would be handy at times . Hey .... This outfit makes a nice one http://www.monstertreesaw.com/