Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tree Trimming Attachment

FarmerAlex ยท 2011-02-01 21:11

Hi there, i was wondering if there were any type of tree trimming attachments available for trimming trees. I have seen different carriers for these type of attachments, but am wondering if there is something that can be fitted to an excavator?? I have seen shredding heads, but i'm looking for more of a circular saw type of trimming machine?? Thoughts?? Alex

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies7
  1. #1SE-Ia Cowman2011-02-01 22:10

    Yes it's called a thumb LOL

  2. #2tootalltimmy2011-02-02 01:19

    How about like this. It trims close to the ground! [video=youtube;ggGG31WbnCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggGG31WbnCQ[/video]

  3. #3alrman2011-02-02 17:23

    I was on a recent holiday in New Zealand. While driving around the farm areas you find they are separated by huge hedges 4-6m high. I was amazed at what I was seeing & wanted to see the machinery used to do this work. Unfortunately I didn't get to actually see the type of gear in action. So when I got home I tried to find some info on the net. The mower on the crane picture has been around HEF before - more interested in picture of the telescopic handler in the lower picture http://www.gian.co.nz/treetamers.php http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/2011/01/04/white-trash-repairs-ultimate-hedgecutter/ There are quite a few videos on the "i fixed it link" if you look around. - "moffett saws" seem to a UK company that make this type of thing. Maybe some NZ or UK members can shed some more light on this subject

  4. #4Scrub Puller2015-09-16 03:49

    Yair . . . alrman I spent some time in Christchurch in 1986 and the common grass/hedge cutter was basically a slasher mounted on an arm on the linkage of a tractor . . . the articulation and positioning was hydraulic but there was some interesting engineering getting shaft drive to the cutter. They would cut the grass, the turn the cutter on its edge and trim the face of the hedge and then reach up and tilt it level and do a run along the top not, near as mean as that big sucker in your clip . . . what a mean bit of gear. This pic is a bit like what I'm on about only these days its gone all hydraulic and flail . . . I guess it would do the same job Cheers.

  5. #5jcb jeff2015-09-16 16:06

    Try this one from Howard attachments chainsaw blade on a 360 machine https://youtu.be/PgnqRL_KcjE

  6. #6stormfront2015-09-16 16:13

    Try looking at jarraff. I've seen them on mini excavators and what I would call a log skidder. But I'm sure just about any number of machines could be fitted with one.

  7. #7mike.rider2015-09-24 23:07

    https://www.facebook.com/TreeLinesNZ/photos_stream?ref=page_internal