Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trenching buckets for small to mid excavators

Jakex120 ยท 2020-10-23 08:40

Is there such a thing for my 90's ex120?..or is the pin and link area too wide to accomplish any real depth?..i have a 30" gp? on the machine now I think..also are they sized by series or standards or do I only go by measurements? ..anyways gotta get some trenching done to bury electrical and theres alot of large shale and sandstone to bust through ..thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Tags2020-10-23 21:32

    You could easily run an 18" bucket on it, maybe even a 16". The EX120 should be the same pin dimensions as a JD 490D or E depending if your 120 is a dash one or two. I'm also fairly sure the 120-2 shares the same pin dimensions with a Kobelco 115SRDZ or a 135SR. Head to machinery trader and look under attachments, should be able to find a used trenching bucket for a fairly reasonable price

  2. #2Jakex1202020-10-24 00:34

    Yes it is a - 2 model..I will get the calipers out and do some measurements this weekend...then do more internet search ..Thanks