Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trenching idea (Facebook reel)

NH575E · 2025-01-20 20:31

In case you don't have Facebook this is a reel showing someone trenching with a piece of channel iron bolted to into the bucket of a backhoe. Thought it was a sharable idea. 3.1K reactions · 106 shares | En ASOPROMAQ, sabemos que la maquinaria amarilla es mucho más que equipos de construcción; es una herramienta versátil que, con el enfoque y el uso adecuado, puede adaptarse a múltiples necesidades y proyectos. ¿Por q En ASOPROMAQ, sabemos que la maquinaria amarilla es mucho más que equipos de construcción; es una herramienta versátil que, con el enfoque y el uso adecuado, puede adaptarse a múltiples necesidades y... www.facebook.com

Replies8
  1. #1Acoals2025-01-20 20:34

    Works good, in really specific soils . . .

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-01-21 08:42

    Looks like it’s just cleaning up the fines that got washed down into the trench but a rememerable idea, may come in handy some day.

  3. #3aighead2025-01-21 12:45

    Whoa! I have an electric line that needs buried along the property line that is full of trees, this could be quite handy! My FIL may a few small pieces of I-beam around that would work great. I'd rather not have a bucket wide trench and the cleanup that goes with it... I'll need to consider my scrap pile too, I may have something that would work beautifully. How hard it is to drill through a bucket?

  4. #4NH575E2025-01-21 15:28

    I drilled a couple of half inch holes in the side of mine. Not easy but doable. I don't use anything but cobalt bits these days. Sometimes I will enlarge a hole with a HSS bit but for a primary hole you can't beat a good cobalt.

  5. #5Swetz2025-01-21 16:02

    Not sure that would work in my neck of the woods...toooo many rocks!

  6. #6T-town2025-01-21 16:29

    10-4 on that !! After digging the electric trench and removing the big rocks from the material.... I had to bring in clean ( er. !) fill to make up the difference.

  7. #7HarleyHappy2025-01-22 08:12

    You wouldn’t drill the bucket, you’d just weld it in there, then cut the welds when done.

  8. #8aighead2025-01-22 10:31

    I thought about that too Harley but it looks bolted in on the video, that'd certainly be handier for when I need it.