Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trenching rates

roysbigtoys · 2018-09-27 07:42

I recently bought a nice Case 660 Backhoe/trencher and I really want to know what are the going rates for a machine like this. Is hourly rate of $100-120/hr in the ballpark? I think a lot of work is being done by the foot, but that also varies with the width of cut, depth and soil conditions. Any ideas on 6" cut and 36" deep in clay? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1farmboy5552019-01-28 19:17

    It will mostly depended on your market and the quality of work

  2. #2wrc2019-01-28 21:50

    Well a friend of mine just sold a 760 with no backhoe. A 6" trench 42" deep we would lay about 5 foot a minute. That was in clay around topeka ks. We got $1.25 to $1.50/ ft. Take that for what it's worth were not far from you.

  3. #3farmboy5552019-01-29 10:53

    I sold my trencher Attachment To rocky in my area. For that reason I never know how fast I can dig In running a 3 & 6 ton excavator’s I get $85 hr for the 3 ton usually with a 12” bucket or $3.00 ft to dig install water line and backfill. Excluding any extra for removing large rocks