Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trenchless Who Does it??

PipeGuy ยท 2008-06-17 22:12

I have used a Vermeer 24x40 series 2 drill for the past two days and loved it. I have been around some other drills in the past but I rented this one for myself. Just wondering what the rest of you guys have done in the trenchless arena. Any body doing any tunneling out there, or pipe rammin, Auger boring, micro tunneling? Just wondering. I love putting pipe in with numerous trenchless methods. Personally I've done directional drilling, auger boring, rod pushing, and pipe ramming.

Replies2
  1. #1Dwan Hall2008-06-17 23:15

    I have done a little rod pushing. I use a Power Ram with 70,000 push and about 65,000 pull back. Guided with steerable point, radio detection locater w/roll and depth. Farthest I have pushed was 90' under the express way to install 2 ea. 2" pvc conduit in 1 pullback for CATV. I have also done several 60' pushes to install residential waterlines with out digging up the customers yard. For power I use the aux output off one of my bobcats. The equipment I have has been mothballed for the last 3 years but I could get it out again if needed. Just that I am getting older and don't like been in the ditch as much as I use to. Dwan

  2. #2PipeGuy2008-06-19 22:38

    My father has a Power Ram rod pusher also. I've a few dozen rod pushes with it I think the longest being about 130'. The largest pipe that we have pulled back I think was 8" ball joint ductile Iron. The power rams are very good machines. We also ran ours off an Case Hi Flow skid steer.