The forks on the Terex 8042 continually bounce to the incorrect (undesired) location, so I obtained these split clamps from the bearing supply, locked them on the shaft and while the forks still bounce - they remain where I put them. Hope this works out for someone as well as it has for us, our cold rolled shaft is a little bent and the fork naturally gravitates to this location while travelling w/o the load...not any longer!
See, now that's using your head. I'd probably over-complicate it by welding a T-handled wrench to one of the socket screws on each clamp just to avoid that dreaded "Now where did I put that allen wrench?" when the delivery guy shows up with the Porta-Potty on a non-standard pallet and the boss is ranting about that bad bowl of chili he had for dinner last night...
looks good
sure enough, the steel delivery truck had an odd sized pallet and the forks needed to move inward - and just where was the allen wrench? in the tool box....next week an extra wrench will be placed on the machine.... FYI these have been working well - have 'em set to fit the following (with a little bit of slack to either side): typical warehouse pallets, the man basket, the cleanup bucket
I would get a round magnet with and a chain weld the Allen key to the chain and bolt the chain to the magnet. that way you can always have the key handy. with the LARGE magnet it will be harder for the Allen wrench to wander off for other projects.
Most telehandlers have auxilary hoses at the forks. I've been intending to rig a hydrauliccylinder to spread or narrow the forks
Very impressive. I'm wondering if using a hydraulic cylinder would jeopardise the intergerity of the lever.
Update: and thanks for the idea ....got the 1/4 inch allen wrench married to a washer (brazed it on) for the chain and it hooks under the console ... Note: the arrangement for the man basket and the clean up / gravel bucket and most pallets is the same, so the rings keep the forks in this location and it is appreciated they are always ready.... As an example of something different, the other day had to move some beams and some pipes, so we we widened the forks Yes, there was the one teeny pallet of steel on the truck that one time.... *** Summary, it is now (with the rings) less fork side to side movement than one previously 'cause they stay where you want them to be