I guess it has been a few years since I had to change EUI injectors. Why did they do away with just typing in the 4 digit code instead of sending a disc, search for injector number then install using ET. Seems like it takes a lot longer then it use too.
That would be an injector for an ACERT engine, the older C-15 engines with the 4 digit trim code can still be enter manually. The real pain in the *** is when replacing a failed ecm and no parameters are saved, have to hunt down each injector trim number, sometimes the Cat ecm hotline can fax the 6 injector trim numbers for that engine, I had some cheat sheets with several groups of numbers and files saved in ET. a real time saver. Your right that it takes a lot longer.
I can see the failed ECM being a real pain in the ***. So a question would be do you save the parameters for customers and machines you work on? I am thinking now might be a good idea to save them on a separate hard drive for these trucks and excavators "just in case" one never knows when the worst case is going to happen.
When I was at the dealership we had to do ecm downloads for every thing, warranty or not, so we could go back and retrieve some info. I had about a dozen fax sheets with trim codes for a wide range of engine s/n so I could match up pretty close, had the 12 digit number and the 4 digit confirmation with them, saved the file on the laptop so could program in groups of six injectors if needed. If you do "copy configuration" on ET it will save all you need to reprogram an ecm, don't even need to retime the engine/ecm most times, which is needed with a new ecm. Just print it out if not transferring it to a new ecm. Have not done a Cat engine now in 4 or 5 years so might be a little rusty doing this again.lol