Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trimble GCSFlex

tylermckee ยท 2012-08-04 15:14

Anyone out there running or know anyone with this system? Looks like a decen low priced system for smaller contractor to get into GPS. I like the fact that the system is semi portable meaning I could switch between machine depending on what kind of job I'm at. Currently doing everything with limited staking and a flat plane laser and grade stick.

Replies10
  1. #1grunk362012-08-05 04:53

    it is a great system placed in the big gap between 3D and 2D the biggest advantage in the GCSflex is that you can creat alignments with allmost within a square km and then create a profile and attach to the alignment and after that you can dig and grade anywhere on the alignment without having to bench on ground or from a laser..just remember that you cannot put in any 3D designs in this or log productiondata it.. our customers like the idea of this too..any questions just let me know

  2. #2KyleM2013-07-16 00:20

    Also, GCSFlex is now upgradeable to full GPS which makes it a very reasonable way to get into the machine control market and still maintaining the ability to upgrade to full functionality later.

  3. #3ILLICEMAN2013-07-24 13:01

    What is the price.Can a dumpy run it?

  4. #4Chad@SitechTR2014-01-23 15:18

    We have actually done a couple demos with the Flex system. I believe it is somewhere around $12-14,0000 range. It's a pretty neat system. We see it being good for smaller to medium size contractors that aren't quite ready for GPS. You can dig depth, depth and slope, or do a profile with it. It's pretty simple to set up and get going. Just have to take a little time to measure it up well to be as accurate as possible.

  5. #5jhark1232016-01-31 12:37

    It looks great to me for pipe work and cutting building pads/septic trenches with an excavator. I would want a full 3d system for grading work

  6. #6RTSmith2018-09-24 11:08

    Old thread I know, but... Saw a mid ex (8T class) recently listed for sale with a note it included GCSFlex system. What would the $$ investment be on that system today? How many different systems are there with that same basic name?

  7. #7ScottAR2018-09-25 16:58

    Any Youtube watchers here might want to look at Dirt Ninja's videos on the 2d flex and 3d flex. It's a decent overview on what one can do with both setups.

  8. #8Karaya2018-11-05 11:51

    H.O. Penn held a showcase where they showed off some of the systems for grade control: https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/ho-penn-holds-technology-and-equipment-showcase/39930 I think Trimble pretty much has the market for grade control technology. I can't think of any alternatives. Slightly off-topic, but I just saw an article about engcon and Trimble releasing a feature that automatically keeps excavator buckets at the correct angle. It's supposed to be available some time this month: https://www.constructionequipmentgu...-for-increased-efficiency-profitability/42587 I hope that becomes a widespread thing. I have never heard of a Midex 8t, so I can't directly answer your question. I can say that a good, easy-to-use grade control system saves a lot of time and money.

  9. #9fourwheel12019-03-01 08:36

    I've been looking at idigbest setup, seems to be great system that can b built on later... Looks to b geared toward excavators more than grading machines

  10. #10farmboy5552019-09-08 18:58

    Would like some feedback from anyone with the I dig best system