Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trimble Rugged Computers

hvy 1ton ยท 2009-05-30 21:00

Has any one seen the Trimble Rugged Computers. They make three handheld computers and a tablet Ultra Mobile PC. http://www.trimble.com/outdoorhandheld.shtml The yuma is pretty cool, but i think its on the high end of 3k for a base model one. It's pretty much the worlds largest smartphone using VOIP, and close to indestructible. I'm keep coming up with justifications for one, but i really don't need it. I could run xm weather, read RFID tags on cattle, produce more spreadsheets than anyone needs, and anything else my little brain come up with. If i get one in a few years they'll be faster, more capable, and cheaper, maybe cheaper. I found out about them b/c my dads friend picked up a recon to run a basaltic calculator for long range shooting. It's sweet, unfortunatley my phone wouldn't take any good pics of it.

Replies1
  1. #1uffex2021-11-27 10:16

    Good day Im not certain but I believe what you are referring to is the Panasonic "Tough Book" Kind regards Uffex