Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TRK coupler

Twisted ยท 2016-01-30 09:22

I'm looking for a manual coupler for my 200 class excavator. The TRK Multigrab has caught my attention. Do any of you have any experience with this or a similar product? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1srjd2016-02-07 14:28

    I have the trk severe duty coupler for my 320. It's a great product I might be selling it. Only because I need a hydraulic one

  2. #2Twisted2016-02-07 16:44

    Thanks for the reply. I'm not set on any specific brand yet. I want a mechanical coupler so I don't have to fit all of the hydraulics. I don't mind jumping in and out a couple times a week. I've looked at TRK and Geith so far but I want something that can grab different pin centers. My Kobelco has a 1/2" different pin center than a 200 Komatsu but the rest is the same. They are the most popular excavator in this area so finding extra attachments would be easier and cheaper as a lot of them are getting too old for the big guys.

  3. #3d4c24a2016-02-08 15:30

    You can run the coupler off the bucket ram with the diverter valve fitted there and only some short hoses and two tees , just needs the wire back to the cab for the controller now , our jcb 3cx,s are done like this now

  4. #4Twisted2016-02-08 17:05

    I considered that but I'm worried about having more stuff to tear off on the end of the stick. I have to contend with trees, rocks and brush while doing many of my projects. I'll look at that option again as I can find good used hydraulic couplers for considerably less money than a new mechanical one. Thank you.

  5. #5clintm2016-02-08 20:52

    I've got a mechanical AWARD coupler for a 200 size machine that I don't use. are you shure that your kobelco is same pin diameter as a komatsu the older kobelco's usually had one size larger pin's

  6. #6Twisted2016-02-08 21:03

    I'm 99% sure that it's an 80mm pin with 12.8" width but I'll grab a caliper to confirm in the morning. I've had the machine parked for the last two months as the ground is froze here.

  7. #7d4c24a2016-02-09 15:44

    Well to damage the one on mine , you would have to take the bucket ram out first , will get a picture tomorrow

  8. #8Twisted2016-02-23 08:30

    80mm pins, 12-7/8" wide at the pin bosses, factory bucket has 17" pin centers and my other bucket has 17-1/2" centers.