Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojan 114

Hoj ยท 2015-11-19 14:07

Just purchased a rusty but trusty oil Trojan loader and am having troubles finding info. My tag says model 114 but no year or anything that I can find. I ordered a manual which from eBay and am waiting... But after reading the threads I thought I'd join and post this. Mine has a Allison chalmers turbo diesel in it and appears to have a high low on the column as well as a forward reverse only one stick to right of seat that I believe might be 4x4 handle and three sets of hydraulic controls. The master cylinder gives me no brakes and is hard. I also think that my electric fuel pump just gave up prior to posting this. It's been a ride but she's a runner!!!

Replies16
  1. #1Mike Van2015-11-20 05:44

    hoj, i've got a 114 too, mines a 1960. They came with gas or diesel made by IH, yours must have been swapped out. Mine has a Cummins in it. The book you ordered will help a lot. To the right of the seat should be 2 levers, the close one being another hi / low, and the further the 4 wd. Up is 2 wheel, down for 4. Post some pics if you can. Lots of these still around.

  2. #2Hoj2015-11-20 08:22

    I believe it may have been swapped out there's some holes where it looks as tho the air intake has been moved. I looked beside the seat. No second lever. No spot for second lever. I dunno.. It's not a speedy machine so I wish there was another. I am eagerly awaiting the manual, as there is no snow to push yet, so I'm not running it till I know what's what. I do need side panels for the motor house. Think that's going to be a tall order. I haven't located much for parts yet.

  3. #3Hoj2015-11-20 22:22

    I was also wondering if your loader is 24v? Mine is wired for 24v at the batteries but looks as tho it has a car alternator on it. Lol. The wiring harness is laying on the floor so looks as tho that's going to be a task also..

  4. #4Mike Van2015-11-21 05:36

    They were factory wired 24V, mine was 12 when I got it. Look under, beside the seat, make sure someone didn't snap that lever off? The high from that lever is my road gear. No side panels on mine either, you can search this loader on google & see some pics of them, you'll have to make some up if you need them.

  5. #5Hoj2015-11-21 09:13

    Lol I already did my local store had a sale on tarps. Fortunately it's still only 0 Celsius out.

  6. #6Hoj2015-12-02 10:18

    So I recieved my manual. And it's everything a manual should be with detailed assembly's. I do have some questions in regards to the steering gear. The manual calls for mpg or multi purpose grease but it has a filler tube which suggests to me it's a liquid. What do you use in your machine mike? It also looks as tho my machine has a 2x4 disconnect but no lever or assembly? Could this have been removed indicating a problem? Or should I try to manual shift it?

  7. #7Hoj2015-12-02 10:22

    Also no luck with min-parr on a master cylinder.. That is where you got yours from? They told me that it's a very old machine and manufacturers don't make these anymore. Lol. Ok. Guess I'll make one. Lol.. Just hoped not to.

  8. #8Mike Van2015-12-02 17:40

    hoj - read this thread I did back in 2011 about the master cyl - HeavyEquipmentForums No clue as to why theres no lever or linkage, you could try to move it by hand, if that works, make yourself up a lever? Your power steering, could you do a photo?

  9. #9Hoj2015-12-02 18:17

    Been trying to do photos with no luck. And I had read that post perhaps just not in its entirety. I did a Google search and come up with mico so I guess I'm barking up the right tree!! My power steering comes from the hydraulic tank. No reservoir here. But the steering gear to which I'm referring is under the floorboards on the column.

  10. #10Hoj2015-12-02 18:19

    I'm a bit sketched about moving it by hand as my book suggests there's a difference in the transmission. But I'm not sure why they would include it tho.

  11. #11Mike Van2015-12-03 05:58

    The steering motor on the end of the column has 4 hoses to it right? It should need nothing added to it, I had mine out as the seal was bad & fluid would come out the top of the column around the steering wheel. Not sure what you mean about the transmission?

  12. #12Hoj2015-12-03 06:50

    Your probably right about the trans there isn't a reason to worry it wouldn't be there unless it was supposed to be. I'm just actually doing some homesteading and couldn't buy a tractor for what I paid for this unit and being how I have no shop yet and am working in a self constructed tarp shed in the cold I don't want anything else to go wrong. It just needs to make the winter pushing snow then perhaps I will get a bit more bold. My hydraulic spool jammed up after like one hour of use and fuel pump and a few blown lines etc. I'm hoping the spool shows up today tho.

  13. #13fast_st2015-12-03 07:02

    Once you shake all the bugs out, change your filters just to be safe, it might be a good solid running machine, often the old ones seem to be offroad truck chassis put on backwards

  14. #14oldseabee2015-12-04 15:38

    Clark used a lot of Mico master cylinders on the log skidders, both single stage and 2 stage, and I think some air over units on some of the Loaders.

  15. #15Hoj2016-10-27 01:28

    Well it's been a long time coming but with the year we had I found some time again to get after the old girl. Got my hydraulic issues sorted out and most of the oil leaks fixed up and she's running away again. Only got a couple more hours on it but it's holding together nicely.. However now I'm craving brakes before the snow flys I'm sure from what I have seen out of her that this year she will clear my road nicely! Just wanted to keep you on the loop Mike and was also wondering how you post pics on here so as you could see mine. Lol

  16. #16Mike Van2016-10-27 05:39

    Save the pics on your computer, then use the 'go advanced ' tab to post. There is a little tab there that says 'manage attachments' Use that to post the pics.