Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojan 114 gas engine

Bk892 · 2019-04-28 22:33

i have a Trojan 114 it’s been great to me so far with all the work and trouble I’ve put it through. I’d like to do some maintenance with the motor but can’t find any info on the motor itself or online. Anybody have any ideas as to what it could be? An older gentlemen who worked for Trojan said it would be a IH 240 but I can’t find any info on that either. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1Mike Van2019-04-30 05:54

    According to my book, the 114 came with an International engine, gas or diesel. The gas was was # 20554258 IHC UB240 there must be a separate book or manual for that engine, as the loader book doesn't give engine specs, capacities, etc.

  2. #2Bk8922019-04-30 08:59

    Awesome thanks mike. Yeah I’m trying to find a service/ parts manual for it, not the easiest thing to do. Everything I find is out of stock, hopefully something turns up soon. I had the water pump go last week and trying to find parts for it has been lots of fun.

  3. #3kshansen2019-04-30 09:11

    A little more information may help get better answers. Such as is this a gas or diesel engine? Okay I missed the "Gas" in the title! And you say "I’d like to do some maintenance with the motor" any hints on what you are thinking? Change oil and filters? Adjust valves? Retorque head bolts? Maintenance can be a wide group of things and everyone may have a different set of things they would include in that topic! Might be worth taking a couple pictures of the engine from each side to help identify it! A machine that old may not even have the original engine! Heck someone could have stuck in a 235 Chevy six for all we know!

  4. #4kshansen2019-04-30 09:25

    I do have an old copy of a Motors Manual that list the BD240 in it and it says there should be a casting on the block that starts with the model number followed by the serial number. Looks like the model went from BD240 in 1962 to a BG241 in 1963, at least for the truck applications! At quick glance most spec's stayed the same.

  5. #5Delmer2019-04-30 09:41

    post a pic of the water pump, or better yet, compare it to pictures of International 240 water pumps online. Sometimes you have to go low tech with old stuff like this.

  6. #6Mike Van2019-04-30 13:20

    All good facts you guys - My 114 has a Cummins 3.9 in it -