Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojan 1900Z Transmission issues

JNewton · 2017-04-22 23:17

I just picked up a Trojan 1900Z loader runs but the transmission does nothing, does not try to move. I have checked the brake switch disconnect and it does click at the solenoid, when moving the shift selector the solenoids sound to be clicking. I check the fluid level and I pulled the filter on top of the transmission, started the motor and there is no fluid reaching the filter in any shift position. I am leaning towards some type of converter disconnect? but I don't know these machines, lots of electrical. Any help would be fantastic!

Replies10
  1. #1kshansen2017-04-23 10:09

    Not real familiar with Trojan 1900, but quick question does the hydraulic work? In other words can you lift the bucket and steer right to left? Just trying to confirm the coupler to the engine has not failed. Is there a short drive shaft from the converter to the transmission? If so is it spinning when engine is running? If yes does it keep turning when you shift into any gear?

  2. #2JNewton2017-04-23 10:17

    Thanks for replying- The hydraulics work fine, bucket and steering. I will double check the shaft.

  3. #3chansey2017-09-02 02:59

    Did you ever get your problem fixed???

  4. #4JNewton2017-09-03 09:45

    no, not sure what direction to go in. I was able to get a repair manual and had considered working to see if there was any pressure from the pump, I suspect that there is no fluid coming from the pump.

  5. #5chansey2017-09-06 16:49

    Do you know the manufacturer for the transmission ? The 1500Z and 1700Z had the same transmission, Powershift/TC 3 speed. The 1900Z and 2000Z had different trannies over the years, so a Manufacturer and Model will help. Had an older 1500Z (1980) that had an Allison with the same issues as yours. When we took it apart, all it was was a broken spring. Replace and kept on going

  6. #6Frankhaddad2018-02-06 15:29

    I have just ran into this problem of a 1900z not moving, everything checks out but I am interested in this spring, where is it located? in control valve?

  7. #7JOHN DAMONTE2023-02-21 12:10

    I HAD THE OWNER MOVE THE MACHINE AND 10FEET IT STOPED, I HAC HIM LOOK TO SEE IF THE DRIVE SHAFT WAS STILL MOVING OR IT WOULDN'T MOVE, HE CHECKED IT OUT THE SMALL SHAFT WAS STILL TURNING BUT THE MACHINE WOULDNT MOVE? I PROBABLY SHOULD CHECK THE PUMP PRESSURE @ THE TRASMISSION, ANY BODY CAN HELP ME?

  8. #8JOHN DAMONTE2023-02-21 12:32

    How can i get a trogan 1900 service manual??

  9. #9basit2025-02-10 11:30

    i have a problem with my transnission trojan 1900Z my fisrt and second gear is not moving

  10. #10ToddW2025-04-15 22:40

    my Trojan 1900Z would move forward and reverse fine for about 10 seconds and then barely move until it was warmed up 10 or 15 minutes later. We thought it had something to do with spring or other things in these forms, but it turned out the transmission fluid is low we were checking it cold when we were supposed to be checking it hot or vice versa. We added fluid and it was fine. However, we do have trouble with the steering. It’s very hard to turn unless it’s warmed up.