Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojan 2000 transmission issue

Rustyfender ยท 2021-10-03 12:26

Hi I am new to this forum. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. I have an older Trojan 2000 wheel loader with an Allison tt- 2421 , I think the torque converter is stuck in the 2nd/4th gear range and not go into 1st and 3rd. My question is can I remove torque converter without removing the transmission?

Replies3
  1. #1BillG2021-10-03 14:21

    It's been a long time since I've seen a 2000 so going by memory is not a good thing. I think the transmission is direct mount to the engine (correct me if I'm wrong) so the short answer is no. Anyway the torque converter does not come out as a unit like an automotive one does. It has to be taken out in pieces. First one half of the pump ( 1/2 of cover) then the turbine and sprag, over running clutch, then the other half of the cover (pump).

  2. #2Rustyfender2021-10-03 15:40

    I jut like ones again, and it has a driveshaft between engine and transmission. I think I see the torque converter cover , looks like it can be done to me, yes, upon reading everything I can see on this ithas to come out in pieces, but everyone seems to remove transmission from machine

  3. #3Rustyfender2021-10-04 19:19

    Excuse my poor spelling above. Upon further searching, it is a pretty big job and it likely has the come out of the machine. Hopefully I can get it out through the bottom. I believe it weighs in at around 375 lbs.