Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojans

BAD5oh ยท 2009-04-06 21:40

Couple of photos of loaders we used to own at work This is a 1972 1700. 453 Detroit. Fast machine and was very good to us. Sold last summer and is now in Vermont < This is a 1979 2000 with a 471 Detriot. 2speed forward and 1 reverse. Not the fastest but this machine had plenty of sack. Sold over a year ago and is now in NH plowing right over the MA line

Replies8
  1. #1Bellboy2009-04-12 06:42

    They look quite cool actually. I like the look, and they seem pretty decent. What were they like brand new? Reliable or faulty?

  2. #2B&T2009-08-16 13:41

    look good to me...wish we could fix our trojan 3000..steering all locked up any suggestions

  3. #3dirtpig2009-08-16 15:27

    3500 steering Check the steering cylinders and make sure youare free in the center pins. Check oil flow and pressure to steering control valve. These are general checks as I have never looked at a 3500 trojan. dp

  4. #4eraveen32009-09-15 21:18

    just bought a 3500z,13,000 hrs. Deitz v8 D,air filters were all bad got new from napa, motor oil is low, will bring up to par in morning when i bring it home. Got to dead head it 10 miles. hydrualic oil good. Is there 3 oil compartments or only the motor and hydr. I did not find a trany.oil filler or check but will look closer in mayona. Huntley, Wild Oming.

  5. #5-3Doc2009-09-16 22:28

    Used to run a Trojan 4000 loading logs in 1977. 8 -71 jimmy. Noisy but lots of power!

  6. #6eraveen32009-09-17 21:58

    -doc3 lets see I got 5 mile's closer to home with it today. when it gets hot the tranee starts to slip only moves in 1&2 ger. got an injector that spray's fuel know any body that can tell me if it's the seals or injector. the wirering to the starter needs some TLC. I've got about $5000.00 worth of work todo with it. it will be a learning exsprence. WOODY

  7. #7Jaybuild2009-09-18 07:31

    I've had this about a year. I'm very pleased with it and it runs great

  8. #8centre-line2009-10-10 20:35

    bads5, got old 1700 w/herc eng. use it as yard machine. my only complaint is that goofy bucket curl linkage---- what were they thinking? c/l