Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

troubleshooting a hitachi ex 100-2 electical issue

Randy88 ยท 2017-06-16 10:13

My hitachi excavator hydraulics went into limp mode and now the dealer is telling me I have to hook it to a laptop in order to figure out what is wrong with it?? I have service manuals for the machine but nothing is in them about troubleshooting electrical issues or how to go about testing for problems. Has anyone made a "test" harness before in order to figure out what is going on, or where can I buy a laptop to hook up myself along with the harness's to hook to the laptop?? My pump and sensors on the pump have only about 800 hours on them, the sensor on the valve was new about that same time as well. We tested for continuity on the harness and that checks out fine between the control valve and pump. I'm thinking one of the sensors is acting up, but I need to be able to test them somehow?? Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

Replies4
  1. #1mikebramel2017-06-17 13:15

    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...ool+scan.TRS0&_nkw=hitachi+tool+scan&_sacat=0

  2. #2Randy882017-06-18 08:00

    I've personally never used anything like it, could you tell me how to hook it up and where to hook it up to and does it comes with instructions as to how to use it??

  3. #3spitzair2017-06-18 13:30

    There is a way to check codes without any fancy tools, I will post the procedure when I get to my computer, just using my ipad at the moment...

  4. #4spitzair2017-06-24 17:06

    Alright, first off sorry for taking so long but here it is: