Have a bunch of leftover bed liner paint, thought it might work well for the cab floor. Anyone foresee any issues down the road with this? I'd probably back the floor bolts out an 1/8th inch or so and work around them.
I think it would work and look good. I'd recommend using some spare bolts and washers and applying the liner over them, then removing them and put your original bolts back in.
I've got it in my rock crawler. Works good but is hotter in the summer than having a rubber mat.
One thing I would suggest is to apply it when machine can sit for a few days with windows open to let out fumes. Worst time would be in winter if machine was going to be used, windows closed and heater on could be very bad.
Scuff the floor panel up real good or it will come off pretty easy, also dirt sticks to it really good if you put any kind of texture to it.
What kind do you have? I used Herculiner over red oxide once and it all peeled off but stuck like stink to the automotive paint.
I don't think I would do it,if you ever have to weld/patch it it could be a hassle.Did you ever feel hot liquid undercoating on your bare skin while welding?Ron G
thanks for all the great feedback, i don't think I'm going to do it...welding and extra heat could be issues for me....I found some 1/4 inch rubber horse matting at tractor supply, I'll just fit that to the cab and done.
A note on the horse/stall mats, they swell up if you spill diesel on em' or at least the ones I got at a local farm supply place do.
I used it on the floor and battery box of my JD710B Works great so far. Been about 9 months now.